MCRC provides shelter, food, education, medical care and therapy for children and their parents.
Supporting extremely disadvantaged children from Addis Ababa and beyond, the Centre’s basic activities include feeding those in the program, providing a formal school education for the children and funding a medical care for those in need.
Additionally, the Centre aims to help its participants recover from past traumas and to equip them with the knowledge and skills necessary to be independent and successful in the future.
The mothers of the children – many of whom have been victims of gender-based violence – are provided with professional training as a means to achieve economic independence. The Centre currently operates both a financially self-sufficient shop and a tailoring workshop, which is paired together with a professional childcare course.
We are a team of highly motivated people dedicated to building Ethiopia's future together. By enabling our people to become strong, self-confident, independent, respectful and open minded persons, we providence for the benefit of their personal and professional future, as well as for the benefit of Ethiopian society overall.
All activities of MCRC cited above are designed with sustainability in mind, with our goal being to providence all beneficiaries with the Means of becoming completely independent in the future.
Specific aims for the project include:
- Educating women to all levels of basic literacy and numeracy
- Providing further education to Those who desire it, with the intention of Achieving school leaving certificates
- Educating all children to finish school
- Offering counseling, therapy and medical treatment to all who need it
- Providing the women with employment opportunities.
* MCRC holds a license to operate as a legalized local NGO. MCRC is officially licensed and registered with the Charities and Societies Agency of the Ethiopian Ministry of Justice (contact: + 251-11-1577138 or firstname.lastname@example.org) as of March 30th 2010 certificate bearing the number 1735